What does it take to achieve your goals? There is a process we mentally go through when we set, plan and take action on our targets. At times we think it is just about setting the goal and then getting into action. We quickly find ourselves distracted and off course. This is common, particularly when the goal process isn’t followed. Here is a 10 step process to help you in your efforts. All the Best!
2. CLARITY – understand what’s most important and set a goal
3. MOTIVATION – know your WHY and the benefits of doing this
4. FOCUS – know what you want to accomplish and do it
6. SET MILESTONES – create mini landmarks to keep you feeling success and momentum
8. SUPPORT – have a network or responsibility to support you or keep you on track (it matters if you do not do it)
10. RECHARGE TIME – after giving it 100%, take a break and rest and recharge
Test your goals now…
– Am I open to new methods and ideas? (fixed or closed mindset)
– Can I have clarity on what is most important to do?
– Am I motivated? If not, what’s getting in my way and how can I remove the barrier?
– What’s my attitude? Do I see the possibilities and alternatives? If I’m stuck, talk to someone or write down the block and shift to thinking”what is possible?” If there are distractions write down them to perform later or set up area to reduce distractions.
– What is my plan to get this done? What do I want to do and when will I do it?
– What is the first milestone or significant achievement toward this goal?
– What actions will I take right now?
– Who will I be accountable too and check in with?
– What will I do to recharge and take a rest?
Setting goals isn’t only about the goal; it is all about the process around the objective. At times these measures can appear obvious or trite however they are key actions in the process of goal accomplishment. If you aren’t reaching your goals, consider if there’s a step in the process that you can sharpen and increase your target success!